Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

2006 Nissan Altima: brake lights..my fuse boxes..fuse diagram

Customer Question

All the brake lights are out on my 2006 Nissan Altima and my fuse boxes do not have a fuse diagram. What fuses would I have top change to fix this?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JA! I am Carguy1 and I will assist you today.
Hi there!
You need to check fuse #8 in the fuse box inside the car.

graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It seems as if the fuse diagram supplied does not match what is going on on the fuse box. I have 13 slots on the right and 12 on the left, the opposite of your diagram. Also the 1st 2 fuses on the top of my box are factory installed 15A fuses. Are you sure this is the right diagram for a 2006 Nissan Altima S?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Odd, this is out of the factory service manual.
This is out of the 07 manual, does it match?
graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just to make sure... This is the fuse box in the driver's side pannel?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, it's the only one inside the car so you are on the right panel.Don't know why it's not matching the diagram.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

graphic

Here is a picture I just took of my fuse box. The 10a fuse and the upside-down 15a fuse are the top part. Under the wire above the top fuses shown, it is hiding tw0 15a fuses.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks, Josh

Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Don't see the pic! Sorry!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here it is again. My mistake... thgraphicere are no hidden fuses. this shows all of them. I hope this goes through.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
I circled the one needs checking or swapping with another 10 amp
graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks! I replaced it but all the lights are still out. I guess I'll have to take it to the shop. Bummer!
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Here is a tip. If the car still shifts out of park, replace the bulbs. This would mean the switch is still working ok.
You might not have realized the bulbs were out until they all blew. Worth a shot at least.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience: Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great thanks! Yes the car can still drive so it does shift out of park. I change the bulbs to make sure.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Sounds good,.Thanks for the accept!