Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

95 nissan: Trans..accelerate..fuel filter plugs and wires air filter

Customer Question

I have a 95 Nissen truck with a 2400 engine with a Manuel Trans when you accelerate it acts like it is smothering out at full throttle but does ok at half throttle I have chamged fuel filter plugs and wires air filter and oil what could be my prob
Category: Nissan
Expert:  al-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes still waiting
Expert:  al-mod replied 2 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Do you mean that when you accelerate, it will accelerate smooth if you do a light acceleration, but has problems under heavy acceleration

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
That is normally caused by a Bad MAF sensor. 90% of the time the MAF ( Mass Air Flow ) sensor heated element which meters the air so the computer can add the proper fuel mixture has fallen out of spec. Not enough to cause a Service Engine Soon light but enough to cause the Air and fuel Mixture to be so off it can cause No Start, Stalling, poor acceleration, won't rev over a certain Rpm, and running issues. I would have the Air and Fuel mixture readings checked to verify. Checking the voltage will not show the fault, the air and fuel mixture will. If found to be bad, do not replace with a After Market one. After market MAF sensors never seem to work properly. There heated element doesn't work right which can cause 02 sensors to flat line and have you chasing you tail trying to figure out what is wrong. So the only way to correct this issue if you do have a bad MAF sensor is to replace it with a OEM.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. thanks Jay!
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience: 20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Changed maf sensor but still have the prob getting worse could it be the cat converter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Did you replace the MAF sensor with one from the auto parts store? I told you they don't work right.

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No Nissan oEM
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Where did you buy it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Jones Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
You didn't have it checked like I suggested I take it.

Do you know what the fuel trim readings are?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I dont know the readings if I have to take it to the dealer thats what I need to do so I guess I dont need you

Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
You have to understand something. I am not there to see exactly what the truck is doing. I asked some questions to get a better understanding on what the truck is doing to give you direction on what the problem could possibly be. Your description fit bad MAF sensor. But I suggested you have it checked to verify. Since you simply just replaced the part with out having it verified, that was your decision. But now a scanner is going to be need to determine what is going on since you replaced the MAF sensor already.

The next things I would have checked is the Catt Converter to see if it's restricting exhaust flow, and fuel pressure.

If you have any more questions on this please feel free to ask.