Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

2007 Nissan altima: I check my transmission fluid level..lift..cars

How do I check my transmission fluid level on my 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5s. It seems to be locked into place as I can't lift it up as I was accustomed to with my previous cars.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JA! I am Carguy1 and I will assist you today.
Hi there!
Here are instructions. Hope they help.
You don't want to use anything other then Nissan CVT fluid in there however, this can damage the transmission.
graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I see a metal tab about a quarter of an inch in width facing the radiator or front of the vehicle on the dipstick but it seems to be recessed a bit so how do you suggest I press this metal tab enough to release the dipstick? It is impossible to fit my finger inside the recess to press it. How much pressure is needed to press the tab and what do you recommend to press it with?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
It should have a small hole for a small screwdriver or pick.
Look at the diagram closely, you aren't pushing the tab you can see, there should be a small window or slot and you push the tab inside the hole to release. If you look at the pic, the tab is pointing up/.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just to confirm, I took a picture of the area you're referring to and inserting into this post. Is the grey area beneath the metal the tab you're referring to? Keep in mind the pic is upside down.dipstick
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Here is the pic back to you. I put an X where you push the tab in. Then the stick should come out.

graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
got it. I will try this tomorrow when it is daylight again. Thanks for the clarification.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome!
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience: Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.