Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Nissan/Datsun Armada LE: I have a 2006 Nissan Armada. The DVD

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Nissan Armada. The DVD player is installed, and all the switches and controls are installed in the vehicle, however, there is no screen. There is a spot for the screen. I just ordered and received a DVD screen (Nissan part), but want to make sure how to intall it correctly in the console. Help....
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi My Name isXXXXX you for using Just Answer.com
I will research your question and post a response soon.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Let me know what you find out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
he never answered the question
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Are you installing a after market DVD system and would like to put the screen where the factory one is? Is that what your trying to do?

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. The DVD system is factory installed under the front seat. The only part of the system that is missing is the screen, which I just purchased a Nissan screen. The console in my ceiling has the spot for the screen, I just need to know how to disassemble the console to put the screen in. Thanks!
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Before I start to work with you on this, what happened to the factory screen that was up there? I just want to know what is there so I can assist you properly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I honestly do not know. We just purchased this vehicle. It was a repo

Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Oh, do you know if the plug is there for the screen? Also, what is in it's place of where the screen would be. Is it the storage compartment type? Also let me know if this over head console is the long one or the short one.

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The screen has the plug, The storage compartment is the short one. I also have a long storage compartment towards the back of the vehicle. I was told by the audio supplier (where I bought the screen from) that if I remove the overhead console, that the screen will just plug in behind the black piece in the ceiling. I would think that the wiring should be there since the dvd player is installed under the front seat, and in the ceiling console the controls are there for the dvd player. Hope this helps clarify.
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like you may have the wrong roof console front part for the screen. The front part should not be a storage compartment. There is a actual sleeve that the screen goes into that mounts on the front part of the over head console.

Give me a couple mins to get you some images to explain.

Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The size of the compartment is the exact size of the dvd screen.
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
I understand that. Can you show me a picture of the screen you have? I know what your saying, but the screen doesn't sit in the lid you have. There may be another part you need.

Let me know, thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'll take a couple of pics and send to you. One minute.
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
The way you really install the screen is with the storage door. It comes as a whole assemlby. You drop the roof console and remove the screws for the front storage compartement from the top. Then you drop the new screen assembly in. See image.graphic

Do you under stand what I am saying?

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I will wait to see the picture. To be sure you have the right screen assembly.

Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
graphic The pictures are not attaching. Do you have an email address that I can send them directly to you?
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
This is how you insert pictures. graphicgraphicgraphic
Then you press OK, then Insert to have the picture get inserted properly.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've done all of that, but the pics are not linking.graphic
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Can you put them in Snap fish, or photo bucket and just share the link?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
http://s1145.photobucket.com/albums/o501/amynj33/
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Perfect!!! Thank you. That helps me see more of what is going on.

You need one more piece. Once you drop the Roof Console, you take that storage compartment out from up top. Then there is a DVD screen Cap, that the screen mounts to, then you just drop it back into the roof console and plug it all in. See image.graphic

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So the additional part needed is the DVD Screen cap? Would a local audio store have that part or do I need to go directly to Nissan? Also, to drop the roof console, does is just pop out after removing the 2 screws in the small compartment and 2 screws in the large compartment?
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
You remove the two screws by that storage compartment is and the rest if it is secured by metal retaining clips so it just pops out.

The part you need you can only get from the dealer. If you look at your console now, it's like the top part of that storage console where the two 10 mm bolts are. That inside cap. The screen mounts to that then after you mount it to it, you just drop it in from above the console and bolt it in. Then plug everything in, and put the console back up.

Thanks Jay!
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience: 20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Jay! You've always been very helpful! Much appreciated!
Expert:  Jay replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome!

Thanks Jay!