Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

2011 Nissan Altima: the push button start while depressing the brake

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Nissan Altima that all of the sudden had problems starting. It would take two or three tries with the push button start while depressing the brake to get the engine to turn over. Now, it will not start at all. Each time I try, the engine acts like it's going to turn and then clicks off. Now the brake seems to be stiff and unmoving and the light around the push button start says LOCK when I try to start it to no avail. Anything I can do, or is this now a dealer issue?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 4 years ago.

Jay : Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com
Jay : The most commom cause for no start issues is either a weak battery, or a brake light switch. Since the car is new both of these item are under warranty and would be taken care of at no cost to you.
Jay : If you have any more questions on this please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay
Expert:  Jay replied 4 years ago.
Your question was asked at 4 am my time. I just got up and saw you needed assistance and gave you the two most common causes of why the car won't start. I asked if you had any more questions and you never asked.

I am sorry to keep you waiting, but I just woke up and got online and don't feel negative feedback was deserved when I am trying to help you.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!