Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

I have a 2004 Titan. The airbag light is blinking. Can I reset it ?

Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 5 years ago.
hi, so your saying the dealer reset the light and it came back on ?? did they tell you what the code was ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, they didnt say. As I understood them they said that they were unknown at least to them.
ok you need to go back or call and ask them to give you the code , i need the code if a am going to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
They said there were no codes pertaining to the the air bags. They said that the computer needed resetting so they did it. I dont trust their judgement because they tried to sell on new transmisson hoses that were suppose to be leaking that after I inspected them they only had road dirt on them. It was going to cost $700. So you can see why I don't take much stock in their expertise.
ok i see , if the light is on there should be a code , if it was check and there is no code then ether the air bag control unit is bad or they are not telling something , i recommend that you take the car to another shop to have them check the code , you need a scan tool to turn the light off, if the problem is no longer there it can be turn of useing a scan tool , if you problem is still there you cannot turn it off that is the way it is program.