Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

2005 Altima S: highway..My engine temp gauge..warms

I have a 2005 Altima S, I have very little heat coming out, (when I am driving), none when it is sitting still, and it takes forever to get any heat (or be bareable) when I am driving down the highway. My engine temp gauge shows the engine is hot enough, in fact it warms up pretty fast, but NO HEAT!Fan works O.K (on 4 settings) but I only get a little heat as long as it is moving fast!
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. This usaully means you have a partially clogged heater core restricting flow at idle but when engine rpm goes up the water pump over comes the clog. You can disconnect hoses going to heater core and use a garden hose to flush it out from both directions...If you dont feel likedoing that youcan get a coolant flush which will often work also. Let me know if you have questions ,thanks.