snapontech
snapontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  2 Year Automotive Degree 2 years hands on technical training and 7 Years hands on learned from the best.
49697172

1992 Nissan Pulsar: I have to change the starter motor..1.6L

hi. I have to change the starter motor in a 1992 Nissan Pulsar, 1.6L auto. where is it and how do I get it out?

Thanks
Steve
Category: Nissan
Expert:  snapontech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Justanswer, My name isXXXXX am here to help.

Remove the Air intake duct to access it from the engine side. I would go and buy a new one first so you know what your looking at as its tucked in and on a small openin of the transmission.

The starter is located right on the transmission. If you follow the large red wire from the battery it will lead directly to the starter. There are two bolts in order to remove the starter from the transmission housing. Then there will be a ground normally attached to the one bolt you will reamove from the 2 holding bolts then you will have one large nut which is the power and a small wire that goes to the ignition. You remove the two bolts with the battery disconnected then pull the starter out of the transmission only the head is inside which engages on the flywheel to turn it get it out enough to remove the nuts and wires get the new one in there and reverse the steps. ..

______________________________________________________________________________
I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posted in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the news is not what we want it to be and can be expensive and disapponting, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-automotivedoctor/ beginning your question with “Snapontech"
snapontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience: 2 Year Automotive Degree 2 years hands on technical training and 7 Years hands on learned from the best.