HighwayRepair
HighwayRepair, Nissan Technician
Experience:  8 Years Auto Repair Experience. Owner/Operator of Highway Auto Repair, a mobile automotive repair business
49268239

2004 silverado 2500: i need to know how to reset the oil change light

I have a 2004 silverado 2500 duramax and i need to know how to reset the oil change light
Category: Nissan
Expert:  HighwayRepair replied 3 years ago.

HighwayRepair :

Hello and welcoem to JustAnswer

HighwayRepair :

Your vehicle has one of two different possible set-ups, you either have a driver information center or you don't.

HighwayRepair :

Without Driver Information Center (DIC)
1. Turn the ignition key to "RUN" with the engine off.
2. Fully press and release the accelerator pedal three times within five seconds. If the "OIL LIFE RESET" message flashes for 10 seconds, the system is resetting.
3. Turn the key to "LOCK".
4. If the "CHANGE ENGINE OIL" message comes back on when you start your vehicle, the engine oil life system has not reset. Repeat the procedure.

With Driver Information Center (DIC)
1. To reset the Oil Life System use the fuel button to reach the "ENGINE OIL LIFE" screen and then press and hold the "select" button for five seconds while "ENGINE OIL LIFE" is displayed. "OIL LIFE RESET" will appear on the display for 10 seconds to let you know the system is reset.

HighwayRepair, Nissan Technician
Experience: 8 Years Auto Repair Experience. Owner/Operator of Highway Auto Repair, a mobile automotive repair business
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.