Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years - master tech. 10+ years, SAE member

my 2006 Armada is having A/C problems..blowing..coming through..vents

Hi my 2006 Armada is having A/C problems. the rear sysem works flawlessly but the front however is different. When I turn the A/C on high you hear the motor really blowing hard but there isnt much coming through the vents. I replaced the VBC but that didnt help at all what could my problem be? suggestions?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if further info is needed.

Billy :

If A./C is off.......and you turn the blower on......do you got good air flow?

Billy :

- have you checked the cabin air filter (under the glovebox)...or ever replace it?

Customer:

Hi thanks for a quick reply. no the airflow is poor with the ac off as well. The cabin filter I tried first thing off. I wonder if the VBC i put in could be bad? i have had a few parts in the past be bad upon arrival. I thought maybe the resistor but if the VBC is not picking up it shouldnt show that? I wonder if I should test the VBC and see if the one i received is good or not?

Billy :

ok......

Billy :

but you say the blower working really hard....so there is air flow being generated....only not getting to you....

Billy :

right?

Billy :

did you try turning blower on full speed with air filter removed (check in air filter cabin, to see if you have flow)?

Customer:

Yes..actually was just doing that to make sure. Removed air filter completey and you can hear air being generated and there is a little but it would be like having a manual dial set at 2 of 5 for speed

Billy :

if you turn the blower on lower speeds, does the blower noise decrease (so the noise is as if the blower works good...only the air flow doesw not reflect that......right?

Customer:

yes your right, it starts at nothing and as you increase the dial the blower gets higher and sounds like it is really putting out air but then you feel and there is just a small amount of air coming through the vents.

Customer:

I actually took the blower off to make sure it spins free and the squirrel cage is in good shape and spins free, no catching.

Billy :

ok........in this case, i would think that you have a blocked air door......

Customer:

good. now were getting somewhere. How do i access that? never played with that before

Billy :

Most likely the front air door:

Customer:

so its motor driven? and if its blocked the motor is most likely bad?

Billy :

Check if door actuator motors are opening and closing correctly.......and if blocked the motor is likely bad...exactly...however, sometimes the linkage between door and motor is broken...but that will be identified upon visual inspection......

Billy :

PS: the link is a pdf file (so you may save on your computer).....

Billy :

Get back to me if further info is needed........

Billy :

Thank you for trusting JA and myself.......get back to me if further info is needed.....positive feedback and bonuses appreciated...

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Customer:

I will tinker and let you know thanks..

Billy :

Ok........good luck!

Billy :

Regards,

Billy :

Billy

Customer:

Looks like that is what it is i will get a motor ordered and get it coming. thanks for the help.

Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience: Trainer 8+ years - master tech. 10+ years, SAE member