Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Qualified to repair all makes and models.

2008 nissan sentra: My check engine light hasnt come..whining noise

I have a 2008 nissan sentra. My check engine light hasnt come on but after driving for 30 minutes it starts idiling high and makes a whining noise and the pick up is bad. what could it be
How high is the idle ? Does it feel transmission related?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It jumps up between 3-5 rpms and whines and yes it seems to feel like the transmission.
Ok sounds like the clutches in the transmission are failing . When this happens it will cause these issues . Transmission is still covered under warranty and will need to be diagnosed correctly. Most likely the transmission will need to be replaced. If the dealer does not cover the repair or goodwill the repair contact Nissan corperate.
1-800-Nissan1 . They will contact the dealer and male sure it's fixed correctly. These are the next steps. Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Did you need anything else. Don't forget to click the green accept button so I get credit for my help. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated .