Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

2005 Altima: keyless remote..I programed..no horn, hear locks move

Customer Question

2005 Altima keyless remote wont arm system.these are replacements that I programed at home and again yesterday. When pressing arm button system sometimes flash markers and no horn, hear locks move. Then would not open when dis-arm button pushed. Can then unlock door with key, no alarm and can start car. Any Advise?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 3 years ago.

Jay :

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Jay :

So it seems to work, you just don't here the horn?

Customer :

No I cannot unlock doors with remote. and when doors are locked remotely, which sometimes takes many tries,I can open door with no alarm sounding.

Jay :

Ok, lets first make sure the alarm is working

Jay :

Open the drivers window, and lock the doors with the key.

Jay :

The security light should turn solid

Jay :

Then wait about 30 seconds, and it should start to blink

Jay :

When it starts to blink reach in and unlock the door and open the door. The alarm should sound.

Jay :

Use the key in the door to turn it off.

Jay :

Let me know if that works.

Customer :

No it did not work the security light never went solid. This light is, I assume, the one on the top of dash board just next to the VIN tag. It continued to flash at a steady pace. Now let me be clear... When the dropped FOB stopped working I had the assistance of AAA service truck, he was the one to disconnect the battery. I was watching him but I suppose he may have done something else that he didn't tell me.

Jay :

I will be online later this evening around 7 pm EST till 10 or 11 pm. We will continue then. The car starts correct?

Customer :

yes

Customer :

it is 8:46 est currently

Customer :

this web site says you are offline, is it correct?

Jay :

I am here

Jay :

So when you lock your doors with the key, the security light doesn't turn solid?

Customer :

That is correct

Customer :

still here?

Jay :

yes

Jay :

Something has been detected open, and that is why it won't sety

Jay :

Does your dome light go on and off with all the doors properly?

Customer :

yes

Jay :

How about the trunk.

Jay :

Can you take a peak through the back seat into the truck to see if the trunk light is on?

Customer :

just double checked the doors, should the trunk bring on dome then i will check

Customer :

yes be right back

Jay :

k

Customer :

trunk light goes on and off with deck lid

Customer :

does not stay on

Jay :

if you wiggle the truck, the light flickers?

Customer :

did't try that just open and close will double check

Jay :

k

Jay :

Then next is the hood switch. Also open and close all doors and see if one of the doors doesn't turn on the dome light when the door is opened, or doesnt't turn it off when it's closed.

Customer :

no... no flicker at all

Customer :

checked doors and found all working propertly on then off each door

Jay :

Oh, lets try something. Got an idea

Customer :

how to check the hood which is my suspect

Jay :

Take the battery out of the remote

Jay :

just unplug it.

Customer :

looked the other day did not see switch

Customer :

battery out!

Customer :

jay I have to leave for work please give me some things to check before we reconnect.

Jay :

I would unplug the hood switch

Jay :

I am trying to see if we can get the security light to go solid when you lock the doors.

Jay :

Cause it not going solid is a indication that something is being seen as open