Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

Nissan/Datsun Altima 2005 altima. the cigaratte lighter socket

2005 altima. the cigaratte lighter socket has no power. I can't find a fuse specifically for the lighter, but I checked all the fuses in the block to the left of the steering wheel, and all fuses are fine. I checked all the fuses in the block near the motor mount, and those were all ok too. Where is the fuse for the lighter located on this car? If not the fuse, what is the issue with this thing?
GreetingsCustomerand welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.
HI there! Fuse #7 is the fuse for the cigar lighter.
If the fuse is good then it is likely the socket is no good. You have to pull it and check the wiring behind it. the green wire with the white stripe should have power.
Here is a diagram of the fuse block so you know which is #7

graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
where is the fuse block located that holds the lighter fuse? is it the one to the left of the steering wheel? or is it under the hood?
This is the fuse block inside the car to the left of the steering wheel. The diagram should look like it as it is the same layout.