Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

2004 NISSAN QUEST: HI,JAY HOW DO I REPLACE A FRONT BLOWER MOTOR

Customer Question

HI,JAY HOW DO I REPLACE A FRONT BLOWER MOTOR ON A 2004 NISSAN QUEST? THANKS
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 3 years ago.

Jay :

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Jay :

Oh my god, you don't want to do these. The dash has to come out. It's a two piece blower motor and it's built into the air box

Jay :

Pain in the @#$ to replace!!!

Jay :

Oh I just double checked. This is not the one I was thinking off

Jay :

of

Jay :

It's still a pain, but not as bad

Customer:

IT MAKES A LOUD NOISE LIKE A PAPER IS IN THE FAN

Jay :

Most likely the incabin filter has never been replaced and it has deteriorated and got sucked into the blower motor

Jay :

Hold on, let me give you some info on this.

Customer:

DO YOU HAVE A HOW TO DO WITH A PICTURE FOR A DUMMY, THANKS

Jay :

Click HERE to download the instructions on this.

Jay :

Not a blower motor replacement for dumbies, but it has some basic directions.

Jay :

It all depends on how handy you are.

Customer:

WHERE IS THE INCABIN FILTER? WHERE IS THE COMBINATION METER located ?

Jay :

The combination meter is that whole speedometer a gauges assembly

Jay :

The incabin you need to remove the glove box and towards the side of the Barrel ( that is what we call that center part ) the incabin is secured by three 5.5 mm bolts

Jay :

It's a pain to get at also I am afraid

Customer:

Thanks and any clue as to take meter out.

Jay :

the meter is not that hard to remove. Hold on, let me get you literature again. 1 sec

Jay :

the plastic trim around the meter pops off to make the screws visable

Jay :

Then after you have removed the meter, there is a lower piece that has to be removed as well.

Customer:

Thanks Jay, Great imfo.

Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience: 20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer