JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech over 15 years in the field uaw union member

Nissan/Datsun Altima is it difficult to replace the expansion

Customer Question

is it difficult to replace the expansion valve on a 2005 nissan altima 2.5L
Category: Nissan
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 3 years ago.
Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

REMOVAL
  1. Evacuate and recover the A/C system refrigerant. Refer to "HFC-134a (R-134a) Service Procedure" .
  2. Disconnect the air cleaner to electronic throttle control actuator tube. Refer to "AIR CLEANER AND AIR DUCT" (QR25DE), "AIR CLEANER AND AIR DUCT" (VQ35DE).

NOTE: The tube is located between the air cleaner assembly and the intake manifold and is removed to access the expansion valve.

1. Disconnect the A/C pipe from the expansion valve.

CAUTION: Cap or wrap the joint of the pipe with suitable material such as vinyl tape to avoid the entry of air

1. Remove the expansion valve.

INSTALLATION
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.

Expansion valve mounting bolts : 2.9 - 5.0 Nm (0.29 - 0.51 kg-m, 26 - 44 in-lb)

CAUTION:

• Replace the O-rings with new ones, then apply compressor oil to them when installing them.graphic

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

DOES IT SLIDE RIGHT OUT OF THE FIREWALL THAT EASILY

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

YOU STILL THERE?

thas it yes
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience: ase tech over 15 years in the field uaw union member
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
nOT CLEAR
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
SO YOU DONT HAVE TO PULL ANY OF THE DASH AND ACCESS IT FROM BEHIND THE FIREWALL?

no...its step by step as listed

takes under 1 hour