jpaug01
jpaug01, Nissan Technician
Experience:  15 years nissan,infiniti exp nissan and infiniti master tech,GTR certified ase master L1 certified
6212151

95 nissan maxima: alarm..lite..car wont start..dash that i cant find

Customer Question

My friends 95 nissan maxima alarm is enable and wont start, he lost the remote and needs the car to get back and forth to the hospital.How can i dissable the alarm.The small led lite stays flashingand when i say car wont start i mean no 12volts to starter.It seems to be a stock system.Is there a kill or reset switch any where under the dash that i cant find.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  jpaug01 replied 6 years ago.

jpaug01 :

Hi,my name is John welcome to Justanswer,are you still online to chat?

JACUSTOMER-1nyeefb4- :

YES

jpaug01 :

Hi there

JACUSTOMER-1nyeefb4- :

Hello John I sure hope you can help im at my wits end.

jpaug01 :

Are you near the car?

JACUSTOMER-1nyeefb4- :

car is in garage but accessible.

jpaug01 :

Ok if you can go to the car and use the key in the drivers door lock and cycle the key to unlock twice,when I say cycle I mean two turns of the key without removing the key,This should reset the system

JACUSTOMER-1nyeefb4- :

do you have any ideas i can try tonight and then get back with you. OK Ill be right back

jpaug01 :

ok i will wait

JACUSTOMER-1nyeefb4- :

is there anything else i can try because it seems his keys are so wore out they wont lock or unlock the door

jpaug01 :

It wont move in the door lock?

JACUSTOMER-1nyeefb4- :

no and there is alot of sloppy play though they work in the ignition.

jpaug01 :

Ok what i suggest is disconnect both battery cables and touch the positive and negative cables together about 1 minute then leave battery disconnected for a half hour and see if that resets it

JACUSTOMER-1nyeefb4- :

O.K. CAN I GET IN TOUCH WITH IN ABOUT 1 HOUR. JEFF

jpaug01 :

Yes post what you have found and i will ck back in an hour,Thanks

JACUSTOMER-1nyeefb4- :

COOL MY FRIEND WILL BE MOST HAPPY IF I CAN GET HIS CAR GOING AGAIN.

jpaug01 :

Me too c u later

jpaug01 :

Cking back, did you find anything?

JACUSTOMER-1nyeefb4- :

John,tried the battery cable bit and still nothing,I do hear the relay next to the door clicking though, jeff.

jpaug01 :

Ok for tonite ck all the fuses in the car and under the hood,also if the key will turn in the passenger door lock or trunk lock cylinder that should reset the system too

JACUSTOMER-1nyeefb4- :

O.K IVE CHECKED ALL THE FUSES AND THE DAMNED KEY WONT WORK TRUNK NOR PASSENGER DOOR BUT WILL CHEK FUSES AGAIN.

JACUSTOMER-1nyeefb4- :

IF THE ALARM IS ACTIVATED WILL I STILL HEAR THE BLUE RELAY CLICKING NEAR FUSE PANEL OR COULD IT BE BAD RELAY.

JACUSTOMER-1nyeefb4- :

CAN I GET WITH YOU ON THIS MATTER TOMMOROW.

jpaug01 :

Do you know what relay is clicking?I wont be available until tommorrow evening is that ok

JACUSTOMER-1nyeefb4- :

THATS FINE I HAVE TO TAKE FRIEND TO HOSPITAL AT 4:00PM ANY WAY AND ILL CHECK THAT RELAY I REALLY APPRIECIATE THE EFFORT YOUR PUTTING IN AND MY BUDDY DOES ALSO,THANK YOU.

jpaug01 :

Thank you I appreciate it.I will get some diagrams and more info on how to defeat the system,talk to you tommorrrow

jpaug01 :

Hi jeff can we chat on this question?

JACUSTOMER-1nyeefb4- :

john are you on chat

jpaug01 :

Yes im am here

JACUSTOMER-1nyeefb4- :

reply back when you get the chance this is jeff from yesturday

jpaug01 :

Yes,i have a couple more questions

jpaug01 :

When you turn the key to start the car does the security lamp stay on solid,blink or nothing?

JACUSTOMER-1nyeefb4- :

lite stays blinking and there is a relay behing fuse block thats clicking

jpaug01 :

Ok do you know which one is clicking?

JACUSTOMER-1nyeefb4- :

i really cant tell because its behing the fuse block

jpaug01 :

Ok does the alarm ever sound,im trying to figure out if the anti-theft system is the cause or something else,what lead up to the no-start you have now?

JACUSTOMER-1nyeefb4- :

YOU CAN LOCK AND UNLOCK CAR WITHOUT THE ALARM GOING OFF BUT THE LITE STAYS FLSASHING AND CAR WONT START.IT STARTED WHEN FRIEND LOCKED DOOR THEN LOSS HIS REMOTE

jpaug01 :

I see, I think the best way to fix this is to have another key made so you can turn it inone of the lock cylinders to cancel the anti-theft system.You may be able to have one made at lowes or home depot for a couple bucks

JACUSTOMER-1nyeefb4- :

FREIND STATED HE TRIED BUT KEYS WERE TO WORE TO DUPLICATE BUT I WIILL TRYTOMMOROW.

jpaug01 :

This may turn out to be a tough one if it cant be duplicated

jpaug01 :

There isnt a spare remote anywhere?

JACUSTOMER-1nyeefb4- :

WELL ILL DO MY BEST TO GET A GOOD CUT AND PLAY WITH IT FOR AWHILE. CAN I STILL GET WITH YOU TOMMORRROW. SORRY DUDE BUT I ASKED HIM AND HE SAID THATS IT.

jpaug01 :

Yes you can post a reply here anytime what do you mean he said thats it?

JACUSTOMER-1nyeefb4- :

HE ONLY HAD THE ONE SET AND NOW HE HAS LOST IT,ARE THERE ALARM REMOTES THAT WOULD WORK FOR THIS MODEL LIKE OFFBRAND THAT YOU CAN PROGRAM TO THE CARS ALARM

jpaug01 :

There are remotes available on e-bay you just have to make sure they will work with your Maxima,also i can send you the procedure on how to program in a new remote.I think we still need to get the car alarm unlocked first before you can add in a remote

JACUSTOMER-1nyeefb4- :

O.K ILL WORK ON IT TOMMOROW AND LET YOU KNOW WHAT I FIND THANK YOU AND TALK TO YOU TOMOROW.

jpaug01 :

Ok have a good evening!