Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Nissan/Datsun Murano SE My 2003 murano drivers side window

Customer Question

My 2003 murano drivers side window closes and auto returns about 5 inches forcing me to manually flick it up to close.... what is the most likely fix. I've tried to close the window and hold the button about 10 seconds before releasing (a fix other people have blogged about) but that doesn't work.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.

Jay :

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Jay :

The window motor needs to be reprogrammed. This is not a 1 2 3 job on the Murano's I am afraid.

Jay :

Some cases it's the actual window motor that is bad and that is why it looses it's programming. But you do get ones that can just loose it's programming.

Jay :

To program the window motor you will need to remove the drivers door panel and unbolt the window and remove the glass. Then remove the window regulator panel and unbolt the motor and turn it over to press the program button on it.

Jay :

To program it, you want to lift the window all the way up. Then press and hold the button on the window motor and put the window down not using the auto down. Once the window is all the way down, hold the button for 3 seconds, then release.

Jay :

Then lift the window with out using the auto feature all the way up.

Jay :

Then wait 3 seconds and recheck operation before putting everything back together.

Jay :

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!

Customer:

Do you have a scematic of all the door panel screws / bolts / clips that have to come off to remove the door panel?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so I tore down the door and couldn't get the motor out because I stripped on of the 3 phillips screw heads. That being said, without the window the regulator went up without returning, so weak motor? Or could it still be the program? Am I right you have to take the 3 screws holding the motor out to be able to press the button as the window goes up and down to program it, right?
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.
You only need to remove the 3 10 mm bolts that secures the motor to the metal panel.

You don't need to take the screws out that secures the motor to the regulator.

I will be online the rest of the night if you have any more questions. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So I saw a button underneath a shroud.... hard to get to so I thought I would need to take off the other 3 bolts surronding the motor... Doesn't look like much of a button. You said to take the regulator down to the bottom without "Auto" that means holding the window button, right.... seems like a weird way to program....
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.
Yes, you only need to undo the 3 bolts that locks the motor to the panel. Then put the window all the way up. Then press and hold the button and lower the window with out the auto. Once the window has gone all the way down, release the window switch, and then release the window button. Then raise the window with out using the auto. Once you have the window all the way up, release the window switch. Count to 3, then you can check your window operation. If for some reason the button area on the motor feels loose, then you will need a window motor.

Thanks for the Accept, if you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Looks likes I need a new motor. They come programed right? Where is the cheapest place online? I appreciate you help Jay.
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.
You can get the motor here.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/default.php

They do not come programmed. You will still need to program it like I instructed.

Your welcome and thanks for the Accept. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Jay-
Been reading Murano Forums and saw where it said the reset botton is behind a black patch which I didn't see on the back side of my window motor. Do you have a photo of what the reset botton looks like?
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.
I will try to get you a image of it later on this evening when I am home.