Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

2002 Nissan Maxima: air conditioner..blowing..blower motor..resistor

I have a 2002 Nissan Maxima GLE. The air conditioner/heater/defroster is not blowing out anything. Does this sound like a blower motor or some type of fuse/resistor?
Hello and thank you for using

Do you know if you have auto air? Meaning is there a button on the air controls that says Auto?

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes-auto air = digital controls if that matters
All the controls work properly but the blower motor doesn't work. That correct?

Let me know, thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
controls work. no air blowing out on anything (neither A/C or defroster, face vents or floor vents)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no navigation
Ok, first thing you need to check is the fuse by the battery. Here is a image where it's located. graphic

Let me know if the fuse is good. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what is the best way to check the fuse? replace it with another? can i swap it with the one next to it just to see if it will blow air?
With a test light, remove it and hold it up to a light to see if it's blown. If you want to try another fuse, you can do that also, but I would use a spare fuse.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
changed the fuse. did not fix. also tried the fuse next to the one you have marked. didn't work either.
Ok, then you have one of two things wrong. Either the blower motor, or the Ac auto amp has failed. The Ac auto amp is what controls the blower motor and is the most common for your problem. I would have that checked and if bad it will need to be replaced. The part is down by the blower motor and is secured by 2 screws and has one long plug. The part I think is around 80 bucks.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!