eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

Chip..the two wires that are the IAT wires on the mass air flow sensor

trying to install a performance chip. it says to find the two wires that are the IAT wires on the mass air flow sensor. do you know which two are the wires that have power to them?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  eric replied 5 years ago.

I will tell you what I tell all my other customers, this is a waste of money and time. I have a huge box filled with these "performance chips" that I have removed from customers cars that have damaged either their MAF/IAT sensor or PCM(powertrain control module). They are snake oil, plain and simple, and dont work. They have been proven time and again to actually decrease fuel mileage, decrease performance and damage components. the only thing inside that chip is a 25 cent resistor that you could buy at radio shack. That is it. If they worked, every car manufacturer would have added them years ago to met Federal Requirements on gas mileage ratings instead of sinking billions into research.

Having said that, if you still want to install this chip, first, remember I am not repsonsible for the ensuing damage to your computer or MAF/IAT sensor, second it connects to the 1st and 5th terminal on the MAF harness side connector
Expert:  eric replied 5 years ago.

i forgot to mention this, installation of this will void your entire manufacturer's warranty - from powertrain to emissions, and all other warranties. Manufacturers will not give you any leeway or mercy on this. They see this installed, and they will, and they will automatically void the warranty immediately
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do you know the colors of the wires?
Expert:  eric replied 5 years ago.

my diagram expander is not working, so I cant read the colors. but it is the #1 terminal and the #5 terminal on the MAF connector. #2,3 and 4 are solely for the MAF sensor.

#1 is IAT signal return
#5 is IAT power
Expert:  eric replied 5 years ago.

another expert looked at his diagram. #5 and #6 for the IAT and wire colors are
red/black and black.

sorry for the confusion