Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Qualified to repair all makes and models.
3827149

2002 nissan maxima: I reset the window motor..I install a new motor

How do I reset the window motor on 2002 nissan maxima (R/S). I install a new motor and the window go all the way up and comes down a quarter of the way.
Step 1: Pry the plastic cap up off the bottom centre of the door pull handle and remove the single philips screw.
Step 2: Remove the whole switch panel (in which the door pull handle sits) by prying it up from the back end either with a flat edged screwdriver or table knife (under cloth) or by hand which is what I did. It is just clipped in so should come out relatively easily sliding it up at the back and then pulling it back.
You can now see the inside of the door from where the switch finishing plate sat. You can leave the wiring all attached and simply hang the switch and handle plastic assembly to one side so you can see the inside of the door.
Look inside towards the front bottom of the door behind the plastic vapour barrier you will see a small black button switch. It almost looks like a black pan screw head. This is the reset switch but there is a sequence to now doing the actual reset procedure. The switch doesn't really feel like one when you press it through the plastic liner which incidentally you don't need to cut (at least I didn't have to). It is a switch that is only on when you are pressing it otherwise when released it is off.
STEP 3: Make sure the window is closed (up) completely. Turn the ignition on so the windows are receiving power.
a) Press the reset switch (and keep it pressed in) and open (down) the window completely (manually -NOT with AUTO ONE TOUCH DOWN FUNCTION).
b) Release the reset switch. Then close the window completely (manually only - NOT AUTO UP).
c) The limit switch is now reset. Easy!!! This procedure worked for me straight away as I hope it will for you should you have this annoying problem. The Nissan manual does caution you not to use the one touch UP-DOWN function during this procedure so be warned.
Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.