Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

2007 Nissan frontier SE: crew cab..cab 4x4..my airbag control module

Hello I have a 2007 Nissan frontier SE crew cab 4x4. The dealer has told me that my "airbag control module" is bad and needs to be replaced I can't find it's location any where online. Does it even exist on my vehicle and how easy is it to replace myself? The red warning light came on and that was how I knew I had a problem. The told me that the CZS was fine I know there was a problem with those from high salt areas.
Greetings Sir or Madam and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.
Hi there! The control module is under the center console. Here is a diagram of it's location.This is something you could replace yourself, but you have to make sure to diasconnect the battery both positive and negative terminals and wait at least 5 minutes
Hope this helps!

graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is the airbag diagnosis sensor unit the same as what I described in my question (airbag control module)
Yes, it is the same item, just different terminology is all. It is the unit that controls the air bag.