Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

2000 altima 2.4 code p1441, a evap problem What should

2000 altima 2.4 code p1441, a evap problem?? What should i replace or look for??
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
GreetingsCustomerand welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.
HI there! This code is for the purge control solenoid function.
There are a couple of things that could be wrong,first, the solenoid could be bad. It can also have a vacuum issue and an electrical issue. I have also seen the problem occur with a faulty pressure sensor.
If you have a voltmeter, and a vacuum pump we can likely determine which is the problem.
Let me know!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the purge solenoid under hood with vacuum line?? and is the pressure sensor under car with one line near canister?? I do have a volt meter and vacuum pump.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
Yes, you are on the right track.
First test is pretty simple. Disconnect the vacuum line off the purge solenoid going to the intake. Fire the car up and rev it up to 2500-3000 rpms. You should feel the solenoid pulse. Let me know!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
gotta let u know tomorrow because car is at my shop lets assume it does what is next.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
Then the next thing is going to be to check and make sure it is pulling a vacuum through the solenoid into the intake. This is important because it has to purge the line. You will see 3 vac lines. One is a constant, this is the intake side, then when the solenoid switches, it will pull the vacuum on the purge line. It has to be switching. If you feel the pulse, that means the circuit is good. If you get the vacuum switching then the solenoid is good. No switching, no good.
Let's say it all checks out, then it's time to check the pressure sensor. If I remember correctly, atmospheric pressure is something like 4.13 volts. This is where you want to put your volt meter (although if you have a scan tool that can watch it) and see if the voltage changes when you suck it down just a bit with the vac pump.
If it does, then you will have to watch it with the scan tool so you can see what the ecm is seeing.
If you see no voltage change on the meter, then the sensor is no good. If you see no voltage on the scanner, then the signal wire from the sensor to the ecm is no good.
I will be on tomorrow if you need further assistance with this as well.