Roy
Roy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Nissan Master technician
8127795

2004 nissan sentra: instrument panel..tach..the odometer..run fine

I have had an on going problem with my instrument panel on a 2004 nissan sentra 1.8l, while driving or sitting all the gauges will drop to zero the fuel gauge, tach and temperature as well as the odometer goes blank but the main instrument panel light stays on. all the gauges do bounce right back after a few seconds and the car seems to run fine. i have cleaned the bettery terminals and replaced the battery both of which did nothing. please help
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Roy replied 6 years ago.

Roy :

HI!

Roy :

You could have a bad connection on back of your gage unit , or a unified meter failing this is the most common thing I see most of the time the unified meter is bad, the gage unit will need to be repalced if bad unified meter unit . I think this could be your problem , Thanks let me know if you have any more questins, ROY!

Expert:  Roy replied 6 years ago.

HI!

Let me know if you need any more help , Thanks ROY!