Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

Random misfire detected code p0300

random misfire detected code p0300
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
Greetings Sir or Madam and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.
HI there! Does the car use any coolant? Does it run rough at first start then do ok during the rest of the day?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes the car does use coolant and it runs rough when it first starts and runs fine doing the rest of the day. Then for two days i have to change the spark plugs again
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
Ok, I suspect you have a bad head gasket. It is very common on these. What you can do to check is pressure test the cooling system for one hour, then pull the plugs and take a flashilght and look at the tops of the pistons. One or more is likely going to have some antifreeze on the top of it. If it does, then the head gasket is the culprit.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is it possible that it can be the core pack or crank sensor becasue spark plugs are wet when i pull them out
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
It isn't likely a coil problem, however if the mass air flow sensor isn't working properly that could make the car run rich.
Normally the issue is coolant doesn't burn. You could even try looking at the pistons after the car sits overnight. If it is using coolant however it is likely the head gasket sorry to say.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so changing the head gasket would solve the problem?
spark plugs also smell like gas all the time
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
It seems likely, however I would want you to test it first to be 100% certain it is the culprit.