AMEDEE
AMEDEE, NISSAN MECHANIC
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL PERFORMANCE. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

My blower motor is not working in my 2002 Nissan Maxima.

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my best to assist you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. I have been working on these vehicles for over 10 years so I am very familiar with this system and how it works. However, keep in mind, that I need some solid concrete facts/evidence from you in order to give you a good answer about your vehicle. Please realize that all my answers are based solely on the info that you provide me with....

Have you checked power and ground at the blower motor key on blower switch on high?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The blower motor appears to be grounded properly,but the voltage level does not change on any fan level. Every once in a while the fan turns on briefly but I can't find a reason for it doing that.
If the blower motor draws too many amps, it will burn out the fan control amplifier.

Locate the fan control amplifier, behind the glove box, that controls the blower motor ground. Verify that the Black wire has a good ground and if the Blue/White wire is grounded, the blower motor will operate. If the blower motor works and the ground is good, look for about 9.4v on the Blue/Yellow wire from the A/C auto amplifier.

Potential Causes:
Blower Motor
Fan Control Amplifier
Harness
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Should I have the plug to the fan control amp connected or disconnected while I test it?
You could do it either way. I would do it with it disconnected.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will try this tonight and let you know, thanks for your help.
SOunds good!

I hope this helps. You can always accept my answer now, and repost back again later on if you have any more questions. If you want to discuss it some more just hit "reply", it's free to do so otherwise don't forget to hit "accept" and leave positive feedback if you found my answer helpful.

Regards

AMEDEE