thomas3767
thomas3767, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have 15 years dealership exp.

2007 Nissan: keyless..Replaced battery in fob. Same problem.

2007 Nissan Altima.

Had for two months without problems.

Now have keyless start problems at random and becoming more frequent. Replaced battery in fob. Same problem.

Battery (under the hood) is good.

Put entire fob in slot provided (right side up and down side in) to the left of steeringwheel and down. No apparent affect.

I have read about faulty brake switches but do not seem to have a problem (visually).

What do you suggest? Reset? How?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  thomas3767 replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! I will do my best to help you fix your automotive problem today. So you push the start button and it does nothing? Do you have a spare FOB (remote)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I do and yes the same thing is happening.

It is sporatic, as in after I sent the email it happened two more times and not since.

Also, the doors used to lock automatically and now they do not lock and unlock automatically (lock when driving and unlock when the ignition is turned off).

Nothing in the manual about this either. Perhaps something is scrambled in the program. Is there a reset to factory default?

It sounds like the module that controls all that you are having problems with it acting up. The auto locks are enabled or disabled using the factory scan tool. It is not sensing the FOB when you get in as it should. It looks like you have came as far as you can without having it hooked up to a factory scan tool. The next step would be checking the module for codes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Few questions then....

Can CarMax (where I bought the car) do this? In your opinion as a Master Mechanic (and since I bought the 100K coverage) would this be covered under warranty typically?

Or can only a Nissan dealership do this?

Then I will accept answer for your time.

They could be able to repair it at Carmax. But modules usually are not cover unless it needed a powertrain module.
thomas3767, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: I have 15 years dealership exp.