Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

Nissan 2.5 altima 2006 altima 2.5 stuck in park. found the

2006 altima 2.5 stuck in park. found the insert srewdriver hole, removed console top to access solenoid not sure whats next Help...
Greetings Sir or Madam and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.
Do you still need assistance with this?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is there an adjustment to be made on linkage to activate the solinode or a procedure to test components Car has only 26 k on speedometer
Well, couple things. Can you tell me if the brake lights are working like they should?
Do you have a test light so we can check the wiring?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes the brake lites are working, I do have a test lite
Ok, then you need to pop the cover off the shifter. The trim around it should pop right off, not the area where the override button is.
Then, step on the brakes and check for power on the red/white wire.
Before that however, check fuse #21 in the fuse box inside the car.
Let me know and we will go from there!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
carguy1 So sorry, hqd a emerg. just got back. Will cont. tomorrow morning if ok with you Thanks. Ron
Yep, that is fine! Totally understand. I will be here!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm back. Couldn't find #21 fuse. In dash I checked the brake fuse. Is good. Test lite the redwire with white race, it has power with or without brke. pedal depressed. Not to sure about the #'s on fuses. Only names and amps on panelcover.
Ok, here is the inspection table for the wiring. See if you can test these wires. You may not have all of them as this is actually coming off the shift control module. It is located behind the instrument panel,so I figured we would start at the shifter because it is easier to get to. Let me know what you get.
I believe fuse 21 is fine because you have power on the red white wire
graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is power to blue/white wire. nothing to black/white wires with peddle depress or not
Ok, the black wire is the ground so you shouldn't see power on it.
You are saying there is nothing on the white wire?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is power to blue/white wire. nothing to black/white wires with peddle depress or no Yes the white wire has power
I guess I am confused, I don't see a black/white wire in the wiring diagram or in the list I gave to you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes there is power to white wire
I understand and that is good. What I don't understand is the black white wire, are you sure it isn't red/white? I need you to help me out here. I can't see the car, just the wiring diagram. Can you check the red/green wire that comes off the brake light switch for power when you step on the brakes please.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Sorry not black and white. Would the red/grn. brk.lite switch wire be under the console cover as well? I don't see it in the plug in by the shifter. Or do I need to go under the dash? Bare with me.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I pulled 1 of the 2 elec. plugs on brk. pedal. Grn. and grn/blk wires. Not sure what the other plug is... Trying to decide if swich is.defective or the selonoid..
Sorry, the brake light switch wire is under the dash. It is the input for the solenoid.
If it is working, then the module is the likely problem.