bluextc89
bluextc89, Small Business Owner
Experience:  MECP Certified, Car Audio Pro 17 Years. Shop owner 5 years.
22516588

how do i get a wiring diagram for a 2003 nissan altima

Customer Question

how do i get a wiring diagram for a 2003 nissan altima?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 years ago.
Greetings Sir or Madam and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.
What are you trying to wire? What section of the wiring diagram are you looking for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i am trying to put a command start into my car and it's a standard and i'm not too sure how to go about it.

Thanks. Sandra

Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 years ago.
Sorry, I don't know anything about the remote starts. I will open it back up and try to have it moved to the car electronics category. Please don't reply or it will lock it to me.
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 4 years ago.
MODEL YEAR(S)
ALTIMA 2002 -2004
KEY T-HARNESS IMMOBILIZER
N/A NIS-3 NISSAN'S TRANSPONDER ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM, Requires 791 Bypass Module and extra Ignition Key
PART COLOR LOCATION DIAGRAM
12 VOLT CONSTANT GREEN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
STARTER BLACK/RED (+) See NOTE *1 IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
STARTER 2 BLACK/YELLOW (+) See NOTE *1 IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
IGNITION 1 BLACK/RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
IGNITION 2 N/A
IGNITION 3 N/A
ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 1 RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 2 WHITE/BLUE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
KEYSENSE N/A
PARKING LIGHTS ( - ) N/A
PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) RED/BLUE (+) IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, HARNESS to REAR of VEHICLE
POWER LOCK PINK (TYPE B) See NOTE *2 IN DRIVERS DOOR or @ BCM, PIN 37, BY FUSEBOX
POWER UNLOCK BROWN (TYPE B) See NOTE *2 IN DRIVERS DOOR or @ BCM, PIN 44, BY FUSEBOX
LOCK MOTOR WIRE YELLOW/RED (+) @ BCM, PIN 30, BY FUSEBOX
DOOR TRIGGER See NOTE *3 @ BCM, RIGHT OF THE FUSEBOX 14301_ALTIMA_(-) NEGATIVE DOOR PIN ISOLATION CIRCUIT.pdf
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION TURNS ON with UNLOCK
TRUNK RELEASE RED/BLACK (-) or BLUE/RED (-) @ BCM, PIN 76, BY FUSEBOX
SLIDING POWER DOOR N/A
HORN GREEN/WHITE (-) @ STEERING COLUMN HANRESS
TACH WHITE/GREEN @ ECM, BEHIND GLOVEBOX, See NOTE *4
WAIT TO START LIGHT N/A
BRAKE RED/GREEN (+) @ SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
FACTORY ALARM DISARM WHITE/BLUE (-) @ DRIVERS SWITCH IN DOOR
ANTI-THEFT TRANSPONDER ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM, REQUIRES 791 BYPASS MODULE AND EXTRA IGNITION KEY TRANSPONDER @ IGNITION SWITCH TUMBLER
NOTES
NOTE *1 When Installing a REMOTE STARTER, you MUST use BOTH Starter #1 and Starter #2 wires. Both wires must be connected to the STARTER/CRANKING Output wire from the Remote Starter or the vehcile will NOT Remote Start when the Engine is cold.

NOTE *2 TEST THESE WIRES WHILE TURNING KEY IN DRIVERS DOOR CYLINDER.ON VEHICLES WITH DRIVER'S SIDE ONLY ANTI-WINDOW PINCH, THE WIRES ARE PINK (-) FOR LOCK PIN 37 AT BCM AND BROWN (-) FOR UNLOCK PIN 44 AT BCM. ON VEHICLES WITH DRIVER'S SIDE AND PASSENGER SIDE ANTI-WINDOW PINCH, THE WIRES ARE BLUE TO WHITE/BLUE (-) FOR LOCK AND YELLOW TO PINK/BLUE (-) FOR UNLOCK. THESE WIRES ARE LOCATED IN THE DRIVERS DOOR BETWEEN THE LOCK CYLINDER AND THE DOOR WINDOW/LOCK SWITCH.

NOTE *3 THE LEFT FRONT DOOR TRIGGER IS LIGHT BLUE(-) IN PIN 14. RIGHT FRONT DOOR TRIGGER IS PINK/BLUE(-) IN PIN 10. THE LEFT REAR AND RIGHT REAR IS RED/BLACK(-) IN PIN 11. WHEN CONNECTING TO AN ALARM SYSTEM USE ALL 3 DOOR TRIGGER WIRES AND DIODE ISOLATE, TO CONNECT, See DIAGRAM

NOTE *4 ON THE 4 CYLINDER ENGINE USE PIN 36. ON 6 CYLINDER ENGINES, USE PIN 34.
LINK 1 LINK TEXT 1 LINK 2 LINK TEXT 2
EXTRA INFORMATION
Show Large Image
To access the Under Dash wiring, you will first need to remove this Under Dash Panel, to do this remove the (2) Philips head screws on each corner at the Bottom of this panel.
Show Large Image
Before removing the Under Dash Panel you will need to remove this ring from around the Ignition Switch on the dash.
Show Large Image
This Ring is just snapped into place and can be pried off.
Show Large Image
With the Ignition Switch Ring removed, you can now pull on each corner of the Under Dash Panel, this panel in snapped together on either end.
Show Large Image
With the Under Dash Panel lowered, unplug the Switch on this panel and remove the plug, this will let you remove the Under Dash Panel from the vehicle and set it aside.
Show Large Image
Next you will need to remove the Metal Knee Bolster, it is held into place by (2) 10mm bolts, remove the bolts and set this Metal pan aside.
Show Large Image
With the Ignition Switch attached to the dash, look up at the back of the Ignition Switch, you will see a Large WHITE Plug at the back of the switch, this plug contains the Ignition wires.
Show Large Image
This is a picture of the Male end of the NIS-1 T-Hanress plugged into the back of the Ignition Switch.
Show Large Image
This shows the (+) RED/GREEN BRAKE wire, marked with the RED Clip, at the BRAKE SWITCH, located at the BRAKE Pedal of the vehicle.
Show Large Image
This shows the (-) GREEN/WHITE HORN wire, marked with the RED Clip, in a harness wrapped with BLACK Wire Loom, running down from the Steering Cloumn of the vehicle.
Show Large Image
The (-) RED/BLACK TRUNK Release wire, marked with the RED Clip, is located in a Large WHITE Plug, under the Drivers Side of the dash, just behind the Hood Release.
Show Large Image
The (+) RED/BLUE PARKING LIGHT wire, marked with the RED Clip, is located in the Large Harness in the Drivers Kick Panel, heading to the Rear of the vehicle.
Show Large Image
In this picture the IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS Plug is removed from the Ignition Switch for the IDENTIFICATION of IGNITION wires. This Plug will only need removed from the Ignition Switch if you are installing the NIS-3 T-Harness.