brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
11021861

2003 nissan altima: the diagram..timing marks..timing chains..3.5L

I need the diagram, or picture of timing marks to install the timing chains in a 2003 nissan altime 3.5L, and if there is a "special" procedure to do it. thank you. I'll be waiting for your response. my email address [email protected] thank you agail.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question. Below is a diagram of the marks. There are different color links that get lined up with the marks on the gears.

graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

this is the same picture that I was able to obtain, and I know that the chain did not "move" or jump from the cams, but for sure it moved on the crank at least one tooth. Do you think that I have to remove the chains to set it up with the painted marks? That is why I am looking for other marks on the block or heads to set the cam sprockets and the crank in time.

There are no marks on the heads for the cams and will need to remove and set it up with the painted marks to make sure it is in time.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Kind of expensive info that is not really clear. but well. thank you anyway.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Kind of expensive info that is not really clear. but well. thank you anyway. but it has to be other way to set the chains.

I will do some more checking and see if I can find anything
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you.
No worries.. Not sure if I can find anything but will try.