Nissan expert
Nissan expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 yrs experience, ase certified, shop owner
22989858

2005 nissan maxima: my car wont start, no dash lights..gauges

my 2005 nissan maxima security light is blinking & my car wont start, no dash lights, radio wont work & gauges not working either. I just bought a new battery but that has not helped either...any clues as to the problem??
Thanks~~
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Nissan expert replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.This is indicating that it does not recognize the key you're using to start the car if you have a spare key use that otherwise the vehicle will have to be reprogrammed at the dealer using a factory scan , If the security light is on while cranking, the immobilizer has been activated. When the immobilizer doesn't recognize the key, it will disable the ignition system and sometimes, depending on the model, it will disable injector pulse too. The vehicle will need to go to the dealer to have the Engine Control Module reprogrammed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it will turn over but will not start, i have used the same key as I always have, would it just all the sudden react this way with me still using the same key?
That was why I asked you if you had another key sometimes the keys become faulty as they get old and do not transmit proper
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i thought it might be the key but was wondering if maybe a wire could be the problem
No if the security light is remaining on is not recognizing the key to whether the key is faulty or this a problem in the programming one Or the other
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok i guess i will have to take it to the dealer
Okay if you don't have a spare key yes that's where you'll have to do next, thank you let me know if there's anything else I can do for you
Nissan expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 30 yrs experience, ase certified, shop owner