Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2006 Nissan Altima Timing Chain when should it be replaced

V6 or 4 cylinder? How many miles are on your car? Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
4 cy
There is no interval for the timing chain.....For the most part only vehicles with belts need to be changed, chains dont. It probably wouldnt hurt to have chain inspected at 100k but other then that I wouldnt worry about it. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have 114471k on my car and I was advised that needed to change chain
If there is noise comming from the area or it was checked and recommended after inspection then replace it. But if it was just said and you would rather not spend the money then dont worry about it......Chains done typically have issues unless something else is going on such as engine sludge. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My engine is not making noise and have oil changed every 3000k so would I have to worry about ever getting engine sludge
As long as you keep getting oil changed you should be ok.....You can have valve cover removed to inspect for sludge.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok thanks so much I was concerned because a friend had suggested that I need to get chain changed
No problem, let me know if you run into questions. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok thanks
No problem