Cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Technician

2005 Nissan Xterra: the oil pressure needle..Idling..restarted

2005 Nissan Xterra, once warm, the oil pressure needle on the dash starts moving towards low when Idling and up when being accelerated. if I allow the needle to go all the way to low the vehicle will turn off. The vehicle is able to be restarted immediately. I took it to NIssan and the use the computer it pass all checks. Please help
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 6 years ago.
You need to have your mechanic check actual oil pressure with a separate oil pressure guage instead of using the guage in your vehicle, If oil pressure is normal then you will need to replace the oil pressure sending unit located on the engine.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have already replace the oil pressure guage on the vehicle
This does not rule out a problem with the sending unit or the wiring ,that is why i suggested a separate tool called a remote oil pressure guage. If you are satisfied completely with my answer please click accept as this is the only way I get paid. After you click accept I will answer all your questions until you are completely satisfied with my answer.