AMEDEE
AMEDEE, NISSAN MECHANIC
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL PERFORMANCE. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

1988 NISSAN (PICK UP STANDARD TRANSMISSION) 3.0 V6 ENGINE

1988 NISSAN (PICK UP STANDARD TRANSMISSION) 3.0 V6 ENGINE RUNS SMOOTH AT IDLE BUT STALLS (CUT IN &OUT) AT 2900 RPMS DURING ACCELERATION. cHANGED FUEL PUMP,FUEL LINE FILTER, INSTALLED ALL NEW RUBBER FUEL LINES,CHANGE COIL AND CHECKED IGINTION SYSTEM. WHAT IS MY PROBLEM? I AM AWAITING YOU REPLY. THANKS.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 years ago.
Hello!

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer!
You could have a bad mass air flow sensor. Or the snorkel from the mass air flow sensor to the throttle body could be ripped. Both are very common and can cause you vehicle to loose power along with many other drive ability issues. First look for cracks or rips or anywhere air can enter the engine that is not accounted for by the mass air flow sensor. Next comes the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor. This is a very important sensor input to the computer. It uses a hot wire sensing element to measure the amount of air entering the engine. The MAF sensor then outputs an analog voltage signal to the PCM proportional to the intake air mass. The PCM calculates the required fuel injector pulse width in order to provide the desired air/fuel ratio. If the sensor is bad than this air/fuel ratio will be off causing severe performance issues. In extreme cases, I have seen these two problems cause a no start condition. This input can also be used in determining transmission Electronic Pressure Control, shift and torque converter clutch scheduling. The check engine light may even pop on if the sensor is bad, the snorkel is ripped or a tube has fallen off. This will result in a lean condition.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
INFORMATION THAT YOU FORWARDED DOES NOT SEEM TO APPLY 88 NISSAN 3.0 V6 ENGINE STANDARD 5 SPEED TRANSMISSION. MY TRUCK HAS THE FUEL BODY INJECTION SYSTEM WITH ONLY THE 2 INJECTIONS
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 years ago.
Here is a picture.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

SIR, I CONTACTED PARTS SUPPLIERS AUTOZONE, PARKS AUTO PARTS AND ADVANCE AUTO PARTS, THEY ARE TELLING ME THE 1988 NISSAN V6 3.0 ENGINE DID NOT COME WITH MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 years ago.
The OEM part number is (NNN) NNN-NNNN00

Your cost from the dealership is $370.30.

You might be able to get it cheaper from a local auto parts store. HOwever, if they do not have a listing, call another parts store. Your Nissa will have a mass air flow sensor or a MAP sensor. I cannot remember the time I saw a Nissan with MAP sensor. THat only leaves the mass air flow sensor left.