Ryan, Nissan Master Tech
Experience:  Have over 20 years experience working at Nissan Dealer

my 2006 nissan titan does not blow hot air, can you help me

Customer Question

my 2006 nissan titan does not blow hot air, can you help me with this. There might be some lose connection. It was working fine last winter.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ryan replied 6 years ago.
Hi My Name isXXXXX you for using Just

Does it blow at all or is it just cold?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It blows air but just a little bit warmer than cold air
Expert:  Ryan replied 6 years ago.

Ok, the most common problem is a sticking water cut valve. Check your coolant level. Warm up the truck and turn the heat on. Grab hold of the hoses on both sides of the water cut valve in the picture. If the hoses are cold or just warm no coolant is flowing threw the valve. This means no coolant will flow threw the heater core.

replaced the water cut valve. It comes with the heater inlet hose.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The coolant level is at max, and the hoses get hot when i turn the heat on but the air is not hot enough just a little bit more than warm

Expert:  Ryan replied 6 years ago.
Ok, do you have auto or manual controls?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It has automatic transmission but the controls of the heating system is manual I guess. There are three dials, one to turn on, two to adjust temperature, and the last is for air directions. The truck is 2006 nissan titan
Expert:  Ryan replied 6 years ago.
I will have to research this issue for you and get back to you.
Expert:  Ryan replied 6 years ago.

OK I have looked high and low and contacted college's at a few Nissan dealers they all tell me If you replace the water cut valve you will have heat again.

Try this and let me know how you make out.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

sorry for the late reply.

so I'll just have to replace the water cut valve? Had been reading on related nissan titan problem regarding same problem and they say that IF BOTH THE HOSES ON BOTH SIDES OF THE VALVE BECOMES HOT THEN THE VALVE IS JUST FINE. AND THEY SAY THAT THE PROBLEM IS ON THE MECHANISM (FORGOT THE NAME) INSIDE THE DASHBOARD WHICH WILL BE HARD TO DO.

Please enlighten me more about this. Thanks again!

Expert:  Ryan replied 6 years ago.

I have seen issue with the Air mix doors on the auto systems failing but not on the manual heater controls.

Try this, Have your blower on high and select from full cold to full heat. Do you feel and change is the air flow? If you do then the Mix door is functioning.

Let me know?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I tried from full cold (air conditioner on) to full heat (AC off) and I can feel the cold air to hot air. But when AC is off, from full cold to full heat, the difference is not much detected/felt. I feel the heat is not heating well, not unlike last winter. I also heard a loud (like something is being directed inside the dashboard) noise sometimes when turning from full cold to full heat. So, do you think the mix door (is this the one located inside the dashboard?) is ok? Thanks again!
Expert:  Ryan replied 6 years ago.
Wel it sounds like the door is moving. I would try to bypass the water cut valve and see if you get heat. Just remove the valve and connect the two hoses together. This will rule out the valve and will only lave the air mix door as the issue.

Good luck! Thank you for using just

Save this link for future Questions My Link