marcpod
marcpod, Own collision repair advice
Experience:  i-car/Basf training, 300 repairs and 650,000 in Collision 18 yrs exp licensed adjuster

I got in my Nissan Altima 2010, and it will not start. The

I got in my Nissan Altima 2010, and it will not start. The brake is hard and won't push down, and the push button just keeps blinking. The key fab also will not lock or unlock the doors. I also can't pop the trunk from inside the car. Its like the car is frozen. We tried jumping it, however it has 1300 miles on it, and I do not think its the battery. I think it may have to do with the security system. Is there anything I can do to get it started without having it towed??
Category: Nissan
Expert:  marcpod replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
marcpod :

Welcome , No have nissan pick the car up its under warranty. It could be a bunch of things that could be wrong sounds like a fusible link or the bcm unit unit issue. The last thing you need to do is cause anything else wrong or they can say you caused this issue after the fact/

marcpod :

if its a fusible link this would definately cause this issue.

marcpod :

They have numerous links in these cars these days and if you treid jumping the fusible link will blow.

Customer :

yeah I don't think the jump did anything at all cause its like the car is frozen

Customer :

we only tried it once too

Customer :

so I will call for a tow

Customer :

just so I know what is a bcm unit?

marcpod :

I only tell you this you really want to use the manufacturer for your warranty period. For anything even a light out!

Customer :

got ya, that's good to know

Customer :

I haven't even had the car a month, its just frustrating.

marcpod :

That is what its for. I am not telling you because i just want to answer the question. You can always ask me anything.

Customer :

oh no, don't worry I wouldn't think that!!

Customer :

can you just tell me what the bcm unit it?

Customer :

is

marcpod :

But here is the point ask about your warranty. what it includes they will also provide a loaner car for you.

marcpod :

The bcm unit is the body control unit it controls the door the radio all accessories

Customer :

have they been having trouble with those?

marcpod :

doors all the accessories,

Customer :

good to know about the warranty....will they charge me for the tow...do you know?

marcpod :

I am going to look at their tech bulletins and warranties real quick for you

Customer :

thank you!

Customer :

I would appreciate that

marcpod :

no they will not charge you for the tow

Customer :

ok good

marcpod :

there should be a 1800 number in your paperwork

Customer :

ok, I will have to look when I get back to the car tomorrow

marcpod :

let me look at the info

Customer :

great!

marcpod :

You have one recall on the strut craking

Customer :

ok, well since it has to go anyways, I will make sure they take of that while it is there!!

Customer :

thank you so much for your help and information!! what do I need to do from here, just hit accept?

marcpod :

No nothing on the bcm unit but yes that is it and if you need anythign let me know. Ask for a copy of the VIS to know when the warranty is over ok it goes by date purchased and miles

marcpod :

or miles whichever comes first

Customer :

well mine is actually a lease...do I need to ask for anything for that?

marcpod :

yes you sure can

marcpod :

you want to know everything about your freind and beleive me the car is your best friend and you want to make sure you maintain it properly.so absolutely

marcpod :

some dealers will check and do inspections for you to catch anything that could go wrong before it does.

Customer :

ok, I will make sure I do all of that then!! Thank you so much for your help, time, and all the information. I greatly appreciate it!!!

marcpod :

your welcome

Customer :

have a good evening!!

marcpod :

you too

marcpod, Own collision repair advice
Experience: i-car/Basf training, 300 repairs and 650,000 in Collision 18 yrs exp licensed adjuster