Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

After my alarm went off, the car wont start, but power is ok.

after my alarm went off, the car won't start, but power is ok. '03 xterra
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
carguy1 :

Hi there! Will the engine crank and not start? Or no cranking at all?

Customer :

no cranking

carguy1 :

Ok, can you please hold while I bring up the wiring diagram?

Customer :

sure

carguy1 :

Ok, when you unlocked the truck, was the hood up or anything? Maybe the rear door open? Also,is it a factory system?

Customer :

factory system---nothing open

carguy1 :

Ok, do you happen to know why it went off? Or did it just start on it's own. Do you have a test light? And did it go off after you opened the door, after trying to lock and unlock the truck? Sorry, I know it's a lot of questions,but I have to understand what is happening to you :)

Customer :

it went off because a parking lot guy did something--not sure what---no test light

Customer :

there is a security light blinking

carguy1 :

Ok. First, retry locking everything and then opening with the key. Wait 30 seconds after you unlock it before opening the door and see what happens. The security light blinking is actually normal so that is kind of a good sign. Can you make a small jumper wire if needed?

Customer :

ok she is trying that---i'm on the phone with her, not with the car. what length jumper wire?

carguy1 :

Just like 4-5 inches. What we can do is jumper the relay that may be preventing it from turning over. My other thought is possibly the alrm went off long enough to drain the battery enough that it won't start.

carguy1 :

I will hold :)

Customer :

no the battery is definitely ok

carguy1 :

Ok, do you know if the alarm started going off after she opened the door the last time?

carguy1 :

when she tried unlocking the door manually i mean?

Customer :

nope

carguy1 :

ok

Customer :

nothing is working---she called aaa. but i will accept and thanks for your time

Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience: Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.