Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Codes P2122, P2138, P0643, P2128 on my 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5S

I got problem codes P2122, P2138, P0643, P2128 on my 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5S
Chat Conversation Started
Jay :

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Jay :

These are codes for the Electronic throttle chamber and Electric Accelerator Petal

Jay :

This can be tricky to diagnosis and requires a scanner and volt meter to do checks.

Customer:

Ok, we replaced the gas petal

Jay :

Did you replace it with a Nissan Part?

Customer:

yes

Jay :

The problem is most likely more than just a gas petal. There is checks that needs to be done.

Jay :

The use of a scanner and volt meter is needed. This is something that should be checked by someone with experience in this.

Customer:

ok, the first mechanic that done the original scan is the one that ordered that part

Jay :

Well, it doesn't appear to be the right diagnosis.

Customer:

no kidding, I think he thought it would be a easy fix

Jay :

I have seen Power Steering switchs, Ac pressure sensor or the vent control valve short out, and when this happens the APP sensor which is the accelerator petal, will throw all sorts of codes like your experiencing

Customer:

just my luck

Jay :

Yeah, it's not going to be a easy fix. There is alot of things that need to be checked.

Customer:

probably expensive too

Jay :

It's going to be more time in diagnosing this problem, than I would think the price of the actual repair.

Customer:

that would be ok

Jay :

But your going to need to take the car to someone who is familiar with this issue.

Jay :

So the dealer is most likely the place to bring it to.

Jay :

Like I said, I have dealt with just a few problem like this.

Jay :

I have had one that was a power steering switch, and one that was a vent control valve.

Jay :

You need to monitor there voltages through the APP sensor

Customer:

ok thanks

Jay :

Basiclly, your voltage at the App sensor is not correct, and by unplugging the Power Steering switch, or the Ac Pressure sensor, or the vent control valve

Jay :

One of them will bring the voltage back to spec. When you unplug one of the items and the voltage come back to spec, that is the part that is causing your problem.

Customer:

thank you for your time, I will have to have it towed to the dealership and see what happens

Jay :

you got it. Good luck and I hope the information I gave you helps in resolving the problem for you.

Jay :

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Jay :

Thanks Jay!

Customer:

me too