Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

The hose leading into gas tank 99 maxima.. Leaks when filling tank

HAve a hole in the hose leading into gas tank '99 maxima.. Leaks when filling tank, thats it.. Also leaks if tank is filled until I guess the gas goes down to a level where it's not in that hose anymore so I have been filling it half full for a few weeks now and like I said, only leaks when fueling up. I can see the hole in the hose about a foot before the gas tank. Any idea what part this would be and how much to fix?

Much Thanks!
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
carguy1 :

Hi there! What model is your nissan?

Customer:

maxima 6 cylinder

carguy1 :

I'm sorry! I see it now!

carguy1 :

The part is called the fill tube, I will get you a ball park estimate to repair, please standby :)

Customer:

much thanks, XXXXX XXXXX this a part readily available online?

carguy1 :

I am showing the part to be $116.00 and typically we charge about 1.5 hours labor to install it. HERE is a link to it on line.

Customer:

Much Thanks! Great Help.. Where are you located?

carguy1 :

I am in NY

Customer:

OK.. I'm in Virginia unfortunately but this information really helps..

carguy1 :

Wow, can't believe one rusted out in VA

carguy1 :

It is common up here

carguy1 :

lots of salt in the winter,really kills the cars

Customer:

Not sure I would call it rusted, the hose seems to be rubber outer cover with another sort of inner hose, that make sense?

carguy1 :

Can you tell me the part # HERE in this diagram? Yours is the last one, I may have mis quoted the price

Customer:

i would say 17228 or 17202, 17226 ( the smaller hose next to 17228), it's right before the fuel tank

carguy1 :

Ok, those run more like $25.00 so it would be even less then I quoted. Still looking at the same labor probably because the fill tube would have to come out to replace it.

carguy1 :

Nothing written in stone for the labor on this

Customer:

OK, this helps a lot... Much thanks! Thats a great site with the diagram..

carguy1 :

Yeah, it is where I get factory parts for my Altima! And you are very welcome!

Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience: Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.