Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

How to remove heater control on nissan pickup 94

how to remove heater control on nissan pickup 94
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 4 years ago.

hi

this may help you some

thanks

Please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Nissan Pick-ups and Pathfinder 1989-1995

Control Head

• REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
  • ADJUSTMENT

REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

Nissan offers no factory approved information regarding service to the heating and air conditioning systems. Please utilize this procedures as a general guide, referring to the accompanying figures, as necessary for further clarification.

Manual Control

See Figures 1, 2 and 3

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. Tag and disconnect all control cables at the A/C cooling unit/heater housing assembly and control head.
  3. Remove the control knob(s) and slide the panel out through the front of the instrument panel.
  4. Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Adjust the cables, then check operation of the system.

FIG : Fig. 1: Exploded view of manual control head

image

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Fig. 2: Remove the retaining screws from the control assembly

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Fig. 3: Remove the control cables from the assembly-mark all retaining points for correct installation

Auto/Push Button Control

See Figure 4

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the center console cluster lid .
  2. Remove the radio.
  3. Remove the push control unit mounting screws (usually 7) and the bracket.
  4. Disconnect the push control unit, the in-vehicle sensor and the harness connectors.
  5. Slide out the push control unit.

FIG : Fig. 4: Exploded view of automatic control head

image

To install:

1. Install the push control unit.
  2. Reengage all sensor and harness connectors.
  3. Position the mounting bracket and tighten the screws.
  4. Install the radio and then install the center console cluster lid.
  5. Connect the negative battery cable.
  6. Check system for proper operation.

ADJUSTMENT

Manual Air Conditioner
VENTILATOR DOOR CONTROL ROD

See Figure 5

1. Move the side link.
  2. Hold the upper and lower doors and then connect the rods to their respective doors.
  3. Verify proper operation.

DEFROSTER DOOR CONTROL ROD

See Figure 6

1. Move the side link.
  2. Connect the rod to the side link to the rod while pushing the defroster door lever.
  3. Verify proper operation.

AIR CONTROL CABLE

See Figure 7

Move the air control lever to the defroster position. Push the cable sheathing and side link in the correct direction and tighten the clamp. Verify proper operation.

WATER VALVE CONTROL ROD

See Figure 8

When adjusting the water valve control rod, disconnect the temperature control cable at the air mix door lever and then adjust air mix door control cable. Next, adjust the control rod. Reconnect the temperature control cable and then readjust it.

1. Push the air mix door lever in the correct direction.
  2. Pull the control rod in the direction shown (in the accompanying illustration) until there is an 0.08 in. (2mm) clearance between the ends of the rod and link lever. Connect the rod to the door lever.

TEMPERATURE CONTROL CABLE

See Figure 9

Move the temperature control lever to the cold position. Push the cable sheathing and the air mix door lever in the correct and then tighten the clamp. Verify proper operation.

INTAKE DOOR CABLE

See Figure 10

Push the cable sheathing and the intake door lever in the correct direction then tighten the clamp. Verify proper operation.

FIG : Fig. 5: Ventilator door control rod adjustment-manual control system

image

FIG : Fig. 6: Defroster door control rod adjustment-manual control system

image

FIG : Fig. 7: Air control cable adjustment-manual control system

image

FIG : Fig. 8: Water valve control rod adjustment-manual control system

image

FIG : Fig. 9: Temperature control cable adjustment-manual control system

image

FIG : Fig. 10: Intake door control cable adjustment-manual control system

image

Auto Air Conditioner
MODE DOOR

See Figure 11

1. Remove the auto amplifier and the relay bracket.
  2. Move the side link by hand and hold the mode door in the VENT mode.
  3. Install the mode door motor on the heater unit and connect it to the auto A/C harness.
  4. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. Move the vent switch to the ON position.
  5. Attach the mode door motor rod to the side link rod holder.
  6. Turn the DEF switch ON. Check that the side link operates at the fully open position.
  7. Turn the VENT switch ON to check that the side link operates at the fully open position.

AIR MIX DOOR

See Figure 12

1. Install the air mix door motor on the heater unit and connect it to the auto A/C harness.
  2. Disengage the ambient sensor harness connector, then bridge terminals 5 and 55 with a jumper cable.
  3. Set the PTC control at 18

C (65F) and the air mix door at Full Cold.

FIG : Fig. 11: Mode door adjustment-automatic control system

image

FIG : Fig. 12: Air mix door adjustment-automatic control system

image

FIG : Fig. 13: Intake door adjustment-automatic control system

image

Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience: Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.