Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2002 Altima: pulling..p100..a knock sensor code for a few months that

2002 Altima in safe mode. pulling codes P1800 as well a codes for MAS. Had a knock sensor code for a few months that was still on there. 195,000 miles. Ran fine until I let it sit for 3 months...since then the VIAS and MAS codes and safe mode. Cleaned MAS to no avail. Should I replace the MAS first or the VIAS. If the MAS, can I substitute the cheaper maxima for the $400 Altima sensor?
What other codes are you getting? Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
P1102, P1800 P0103,.......and p0328 (which has been there for a year)
Ok, P1800 is almost always caused from the VAIS solenoid. P1102 and P0103 is usually the mass airflow sensor. P0328 is a knock sensor code which is likely a bad knock sensor or possibly wire. I would just replace the 3 components since they are all unrelated and common for these codes. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Because the Altima MAS is so expensive, Ive heard it caould be replaced by a cheaper Maxima MAS. Is that true? and after I cange everything, do I need to do something special to get the Safe Mode to go off or will that happen automatically?
It will get out of safe mode automatically.......If your trying to save money you could get a used maf from a lower mileage vehicle.....You can go to www.car-parts.com sort by price and have them ship it to you. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.