Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S crankshaft position sensor locati

Customer Question

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S crankshaft position sensor location?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

Here is a picture, let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I Cant see the location
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

Here is another pictures that shows the area you need to look for the sensor.

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I Cant't see it, we are 3 people working on it, and we can't find it, we alrady replaced the camshaft sensor, but the CRANKSHAFT IS NOT THERE, and you told us that it was located in the passanger side, bt the las picture shows is on the pilot side!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Its on the right rear of the block below the starter.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
we have couple of mirrors and we still can't find it, boy, can't believe it!, can we send you a picture?
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

You can see the intake manifold and fuel pressure regulator on the picture showing the sensor.....So if you look down on the passenger side of the itnake manifold below the fuel pressure regulator you should be able to see 2 wires going to it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Passenger side?, got me more confused!
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
passenger side is the right side.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
but the starter is on the left side, Pilot side, and according to the pictures in under the Starter
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

Its under whatever side the intake manifold is on which I thought was the passenger side.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Nope
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Still can't find it
Expert:  Jay replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Here is a picture of the crank sensors location for you since your having a hard time finding it. This is a image of the engine removed from the car, and it's on the back side of the engine.graphic

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience: 20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer