Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

my 2005 nissan altima does not start. the starter turns but

Customer Question

my 2005 nissan altima does not start. the starter turns but the engine doesnt start. Do you have any suggestions?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
Greetings Sir or Madam and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.
Is the security light on solid or flashing when you crank the engine?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The security light is on solid when the engine is cranked.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
Ok, this means the car is in lockout mode. The immobilizer has shut the fuel injectors off.
If you have a different key to use, try it. Also, try this procedure to get the car out of lockout. If it doesn't work, the car will have to go to the dealer with all the keys to have them reprogrammed. HERE is the procedure.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I tried taking the car out of lock out mode and it still did not start. I had to tow the car the dealer who said that there were some wires burned up in the fuse box under the hood. It cost me $300 for a diagnostic and repair.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
If the light was on solid then it was still in lockout. Based on what you are telling me the problem was more serious then I thought.Sorry we couldn't get it done for you.