Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

Nissan sentra: gas tank..overflow..gallon..the gas to go down the pipe

my nissan sentra gas tank overflow two or three time very gallon. I have to wait for the gas to go down the pipe. I ran a rubber hose down the pipe nothing there. is it the two little vent hoses on the side of the gas intake.
Chat Conversation Started
carguy1 :

Hi there! Is the check engine light on?

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes the engine light is on. but there is some thing stopping the gas from go in the tank.
Ok. the light is likely a code for the vent control valve. The vent control valve is stuck closed which is why you can't get fuel into the tank. There is no place for the fuel vapors to go, so it causes the fuel to come back up the fill tube and spill out or shut the pump off. The vent control valve is located on the charcoal canister under the car. Here is a diagram of it's location.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Do I have to buy a new control valve or the canister and will the code number appear on the code machine when they plug it in at the part to see the code error is.

You can just get the vent control valve on this one and simply turn and pull to remove. I suspect the code will come up as the vent control valve.