Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

Abs light on codes c1101, c1105, c1110. New left & right rear

Abs light on codes c1101, c1105, c1110. New left & right rear wheel speed sensors & abs controll module..
Greetings Sir or Madam and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.
Are you getting false activation of the abs?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes.. Experianceing false abs activation. Car was in 3 mths ago, performed tsb NTB07-016B. 2 new rear wheel speed sensors (as told to do by nissan) as well as new abs controll module..
Ok, I would change the hubs unless you have the tool to diagnose active speed sensors.
I hope they also told you to cut larger holes in the plastic covers for drainage. This is important to do because if you don't then corrosion will reoccur and give you the same problem.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
On my genesis scanner, i have the ability to read wheel speed sensors. they all read properly but sometime a little slow in the rears.. I did put in the updated plastic backing plates fr nissan as well as grind the notch.. my main concern is the c1110. im worried about another abs controller failure & haveing to replace the controller again. Is that a probability??
I don't blame you for being worried about the controller at all.
It is possible that this is the problem. I would check the ground and make sure it is good. Typically if the control unit is no good, it is a spike in power that causes the problem which is caused by a bad ground.
If you are seeing a delayed response from the rear sensors, I would consider the hubs as a possible issue and at least check to make sure they are clean. It sounds to me like you did a good job as far as the TSB is concerned.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your expertise :) the voltage "spike" is enlightnening. This vehicle intially came in last November with the code for controller failure (right rear solenoid). We replaced the unit and cleaned up the rear abs sensors rings and cut the notch in both hubs as the parts were not available from the dealer. 3 months later the vehicle came back with the code for the right rear wheel speed sensor. 2 days before the customer returned to have the sensor installed a controller failure code was present (c1110) We sent it to the nissan dealer who concured with our findings; however, they claimed that the left rear sensor is the cause of the failure... So... they would not warranty the controller! My boss paid out of pocket to the other dealer in town to get the controller and we performed the same repair as the dealer was to perform... both sensors and the controller. Now... 3 months almost to the day of that repair... the lights and codes are back.
Did they actually or do you actually have a copy of the bulletin?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The Nissan dealer in town was un-aware of this tsb so we faxed it to them.. They didnt have any wheel speed sensors or updated backing plates in stock. they wernt available till later the following week.. since we gave them the tsb, they have sensors & controllers in stock & have been replceing quite a few seeing as they are aware of the repair for this situation now. it just seems like we have been the guinnia pig for this problem..
Wow, I can't believe they didn't know about the bulletin. It has been out since the 04 maxi started having this problem.
I would make them replace the part under warranty and make sure the grounds are good. I am also a bit concerned about the rear speed sensors reading a little slow.They are typically what cause the false activation. The part should have a 1yr/12k warranty on it.

I would change it and then watch the sensors. If they are still slow then change them out as well.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We will do as you advised first... clean up the hubs and sensors and check the wiring and the ground's. If it still persists we will arrange to get a new controller, but realistically... 3 controllers?... at $1500.00 (cdn) a pop in 1 year??? how the heck can that be?
It is unrealistic. you did say that you put new sensors in though. I think that is the biggest thing to check. Also check the wiring for the sensors. These had a rear sub frame recall, maybe the wires got pinched or something when they changed it out