2004 Nissan Maxima: tail lights..dash lights..quit working

Customer Question

Problem with a 2004 Nissan Maxima tail lights and dash lights related to the radio not working, Grandson insists that both quit working at the same time.

Any suggestions as to how they may be related??

Thank you!
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
Was this an aftermarket radio installed or any aftermarket electronics added to the car?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

There was an amplifier added, but my grandson says that the problem started prior to that.

He had to replace the "DTRL" 10 amp fuse prior to the addition, does this relate to the problem?

The fuse is not blown at this time.

What is common to the two problems?

How can you remove the tail light assembl? It appears to be held in by some type of wedge devices after removing the two nuts that hold the assembly.

Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
Does the car have daytime running lights and was the fuse blown. My money is on the amp and radio install.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I do not understand how the amplifier addition would affect the tail lights? Especially since the blown fuse occurred prior to the addition and is not presently blown.I guess I need to see an electrical diagram to understand how they might be related. The power to the Amplifier is a separate circuit runnibng direct from the battery.

Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
Ok there is no after market radio installed ?The amp is wired into the radio which affects this entire circuit.Let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The radio is the original equipment.
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
.Let me post a wiring diagram for you to see and check a few items.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That would be helpful.
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
Ok i will post asap .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
I will post it here having trouble uploading will post asap.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Are you going to be able to post the Electrical Schematic??
Expert:  Jay replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using

Lets start by checking these fuses. See imagegraphic

These images are the fuse box inside the car, the fusible link box and the IPDM. The IPDM is located under the hood on the passenger side of the engine by by the washer bottle fill spout. You need to remove that side trim cover to access it.

Let me know what you find. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The fuse block in the engine compartment is located right beside of the battery. Is there more than one under the hood??
Expert:  Jay replied 6 years ago.
Yes, there is a more fuses in the IPDM. That is located by the washer fill spout. You will need to remove that right side cover to access it. Then use the fuse location I gave you to check your fuses.

Thanks Jay!