Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Qualified to repair all makes and models.

2006 nissan altima hard to start service engine soon is on

2006 nissan altima hard to start service engine soon is on dash. changed manifold oxygen sensor but, no change.also it is running lean. after it starts it runs good.                           any ideas?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Whats the number code stored?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
dont know
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Ok I need the code to diagnose the car correctly .If theres an auto zone close by they will scan the car for free it will be a p0135 type code.Let me know when you have the code this way we can find out exactly whats causing this.This is the next step.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
okay i am going to auto zone for code.
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Ill be here when you get back.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
auto zone said they do not scan codes,but if i get the code they would analyze it and tell me what is wrong with my car.
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Unless you are in California then they do not do it . You need to post the code here . Auto zone will not tell you what's wrong they will just guess. Once you have the code post it and I can tell You know failed to cause this.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The code is PO335
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
OK is this the only code stored?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes.
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Ok this is for a faulty crank position sensor and this is what needs to be changed to fix this issue.Repalcing the crank sensor will take care of your issues.

Hoped this helped.\

Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Are there other components on that circut that could be causing that reading to be flagged?
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
No it would be the sensor itself its a common issue for this code.
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Qualified to repair all makes and models.