Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

got the p1574 (ASCD speed sensor) and p0500 (VSS) codes on my 2002 altima. Replaced t

Customer Question

got the p1574 (ASCD speed sensor) and p0500 (VSS) codes on my 2002 altima. Replaced the Vehicle Speed Sensor and cleared the P0500 code but don't know what sensor makes the P1574 code come up. What sensor do I need to replace??? (Also have a code for the TWC P0420 but found a break on the intake line, will fix and see. I also just cleared the P0335 and P0725 codes by replacing the Crank and Cam sensors)
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Ok, so the P0500 and the P1574 code is corrected, now you just have the P0420, P0335 and P0725 you are dealing with correct?

Let me know, thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no. I cleared the p0335, p0725, and p0500 by replacing the cam, crank and VSS Sensors. Now I still have the P1574 and P0420 codes to deal with. (ASCD speed sensor and TWC) My question is what sensor to clear the P1574 and where is it?
Expert:  Jay replied 6 years ago.
The P0420 code is a catt converter code. The Catt converters on these 2.5 engines can do damage to the motor when they fail. So I would not ignore that code. I would remove the Catt converter and replace it with a header with a rear 2 sensor spacer.

As for this other code, the P1574, does the speedometer work? Also, are you using a code reader or a scanner?

Let me know, thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

jay

Thanks for the advice on the manifold.

My speedo, odometer and cruise control were having issues until I replaced the VSS. Now they are fine. There is supposedly a second speed sensor somewhere, but i don't know where it is or what it is called other than ASCD Speed Sensor. I am not using anything to read the codes. I am just using the flash code procedure using the key and the gas pedal.

Expert:  Jay replied 6 years ago.
It's extremely late were I am and I was just getting off. Can I get you that information tomorrow for you?

Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
absolutely
Expert:  Jay replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for waiting. Here is a image of the speed sensor location. Make sure you have them plugged in correctly also. graphic

Thanks Jay!