Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

im hearing a clicking noise when braking.had all brakes checked

Customer Question

im hearing a clicking noise when braking.had all brakes checked and all is said to be good.but the noise is only when braking click,click click stop. please help me a friend says its coming from the back drivers side i think the front passenger....may be both. THE CARS ONLY 2008 MAXIMA 44,000 miles
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
[email protected] and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.
Normally that type of noise happens when you have a rotor out of round or possibly some rust on the surface of the rotor. What you are hearing is the brake pads shifting as they go over the uneven rotor. So the brakes might look good,as far as the amount of pad life left, but the rotors may need to be serviced. This is where I would start.
Hope this helps!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
so you think i should repair all rotors ??how much will they cost me and should i stay factory
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
I would have the rotors machined.At least the ones you are hearing the noise from. You should not have to replace them at this early a mileage.
If they do need to be replaced then I would stick with the factory parts.
Front rotors are about $80 each and the rears are $90
But I think they should be able to machine or resurface the rotors you already have.