Roy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Nissan Master technician

2004 nissan quest u1001 code and p1212 code dosent start

Category: Nissan
Expert:  Roy replied 6 years ago.

Do you get a nats code for the key with your scanner , or just U1001 and P1212 let me know Thanks ROY!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

yes i see that nats code

Expert:  Roy replied 6 years ago.

The ignition key has lost calibration you will need a nats card and assist program to reset keys and to generate a key program code only Nissan has these codes to reset the key you also have a can system code for a connection to ABS control unit to ECM com. lines this could be a bad control unit or bad connection, here are the codes and problems that you could have Thanks let me know if you have more questions, ROY!graphicgraphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
okey when car came in was running with burn abs moduler and harness i sort out the harness after i see nats codes i call my regular guy he does all my key program he told me kiking out open curcuit some where all fuse and fuse blinks okey i just wanna start the car letit go guy told me fix the codes he come back reprogram again please roy
Expert:  Roy replied 6 years ago.

Can you get into the body control unit and check codes and clear them ? you might have a bad BCM or shorted it out also , if keys will not eprogram. lt me know thanks ROY!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

location for bcm

Expert:  Roy replied 6 years ago.

here is the location of the BCM and how to get to it I hope this helps ROY!

Edited by Roy on 4/16/2010 at 4:10 AM EST