Roy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Nissan Master technician

2004 nissan: dashboard lights..that says check engine soon appears

I have a 2004 nissan armada and my dashboard lights are flickering. Also when I press the gas the volume of stereo goes up and when I press the break the volume of stereo goes back down. Then just yesterday the light that says " check engine soon" appears. What do you think it could be? My vechicle only has 53,000 miles on it. Please respond.

You have a voltage problem it could be a charging system problem like alternator not putting out enough amps and when you accelerate it will kick in and charge , or you could also have to much resistance in connection like dirty battery cables or a bad ground also , you will need to get the charging system inspected, and also have the ECM codes inspected with a scan tool to see what failure codes are stored this will help find your problem , the code will let you know if you also have a bad sensor or low voltage , Thanks let me know if you have more questions, ROY!